Re: Keeping Lenny via /etc/apt/sources.list when Squeeze becomes stable

On Lu, 20 dec 10, 14:41:48, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:17:06 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> >
> > This will work for a while, but eventually the 'lenny' directory will be
> > moved off the main mirror system onto the archives and the 'oldstable ->
> > lenny' will be updated.
>
> Do you mean that there is no way to keep the same name for the time it
> lasts a release?
>
> I thought "lenny" repo would automatically point to "oldstable" when
> squeeze is released, that is, no manual intervention required from user's
> side :-?
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOldStable

Yes, but oldstable is supported only for one year after the release or
until the next release (whichever comes first, as the Security Team can
not support 3 releases at the same time). After that it will be moved to
archive.debian.org, so one needs to re-adjust sources.list

Regards,
Andrei