Re: 2 Ethernet cabling question

S Mathias wrote:
Q1) when cabling, is the color order important? like:

Yes. Conductor colors and pin terminations are per the standard TIA/EIA-568-B.1-2000:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIA/EIA-568-B

Most factory-made Ethernet patch cables I've seen use T568B on both ends. That's how I make my cables.

Crossover cables use T568B on one end and T568A on the other.

Q2) again cabling.. i know what is the color order of straight and crossover cabling. BUT: what are the color orders, when i need to create physically two separated networks?

Use a separate cable for each network connection.

I buy Category 5e riser cable for use with Fast and/or Gigabit Ethernet.

You will want a crimp tool, connectors, and cable tester. My local home improvement store (Home Depot) carries products made by Ideal:

    http://www.idealindustries.com/prodDetail.do?prodId=30-696

    http://www.idealindustries.com/prodDetail.do?prodId=85-396

    http://www.idealindustries.com/prodDetail.do?prodId=62-200

The Ideal LinkMaster Tester remote unit includes a useful T568A and T568B wiring diagram printed on its face.

HTH,

David