Re: lenny squeeze etc etc

Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Both the Linux kernel and Postfix follow the same trend.  Both have been
on major revision 2 for---ever now.  Considering the way the versioning
is done on both Linux and Postfix, there will never be a 3.x release of
either, as the core architecture will never undergo another major
change.  For either to do so would require a redefinition of "major" change.

I think you will find that the kernel will advance .... as I understand it, the 2.6 is the current "normal" branch and 2.7 is development, once 2.7 makes it to 2.8, then 2.9 will be dev ..... 3.0 / 3.1 and so on.

It's just that we have lived with 2.2, 2.4 and now 2.6 kernels for so long it doesn't seem to change often ... but it will in time, I'm sure.

Cheers

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM