Re: Reportbug failure

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:46:16 +0000, Russell Gadd wrote:

> I'm trying to report a bug in gedit and ran reportbug, opting for the
> gtk interface. I looked at existing bug reports and none seemed relevant
> so I proceeded to create one. After inputting the bug title and
> selecting the severity rating (normal) the application quits. When I
> look for the report it doesn't exist, so I presume it didn't file a
> report. In any case I'd have expected a few more questions would have
> been necessary.

Remember that you can always create a bug report manually. It's not as
user-friendly as reportbug but at least is a rock-solid method :-}

Note that you will receive an e-mail notification from BTS as soon as
your bug report is created successfully.

> I saw this message in Dmesg:
>  reportbug[11151] trap divide error ip:7f8355eedcf0 sp:7f834e960f60
> error:0 in libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2000.1[7f8355dc1000+415000]

Maybe this :-?

(...)

> I then tried to run it again from the command line and got a lot of
> errors. Each time I run it I get different errors, too numerous to
> report.
>
> Please advise on what to do next.

Errors are pointing to GTK, so I would try to run reportbug from a new
user and with an stock GNOME theme, just in case.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón