Re: Missing/corrupt font?

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 02:52:02 -0600, Dennis Busboom wrote:

>>> Create a new user and login into a fresh-new session. Do you still see
>>> the same problem?
>
> Interesting.  A newly added user does not have the problem.  However the
> three users that were set up at the time of installation do.

Then, something -regarding to fonts configuration- in your users profiles
can be messed up.

First, I would try with the usual suspects:

- "~.fonts.conf": if the file is there, try by renaming it.

- "~/.config/kde.org/systemsettings.conf" (check for the correct path, I
don't remember where KDE puts that file): the same, try by renaming this
file so you can start from scratch.

If the above does not solve the problem and as your installation is
recent, you could also try by renaming the whole "~/.config/kde/" folder
for your users, relogin and see what happens. Some settings will be lost,
but hopefully also your font rendering problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón