Re: mouse issues - getting getting "dropping event due to full queue!" in my X.org.log

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 23:51:18 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:

> Hi all,
>       This has been happening from the day I installed Debian.
> Sometimes the mouse just doesn't respond. On further investigation it
> was revealed that in my X.org.log I was getting continuous messages
> saying my mouse was "dropping event due to full queue!" . I don't know
> why its behaving like that, the only continuous program is 'BOINC' - a
> distributed computing program but put in a very conservative state. Do
> not understand this. Also have put up a bug-report at
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=607242 but have not got
> any answers yet.
>
> a. Is there possibility of investigating this issue further ?

Can you put the output of "tail -30 /var/log/Xorg.0.log" command?

> b. Also is there a shortcut to type out these long URL's , I know about
> bit.ly and others but perhaps something within the debian community.
> Just to take an e.g. , in Google Chrome one can use something like
> crbug.com/10438 or something and put it in the address and it
> auto-expands to the proper link, is something like that debian bugs
> possible ?

I hate those URL shorteners. They are nice for Twitter or any other
service that impose text lenghts limits but not for e-mails. I prefer a
good e-mail editor than can handle "non-breaking" lines ;-)

Anyway, no, I dunno for any service like that provided by Debian
community, but it should be OK to use any external service.

Hum... wait, Google found this:

http://deb.li/

But not sure if it is open to all :-?

Greetings,