Re: LG monitor connected via HDMI wrong output color

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:01:58 +0100, Paul Sohier wrote:

> Iam using a Dell Inspiron Laptop (With a Core I5 and intergrated GPU)
> with Debian squeeze (Up to date). When I connect my TV (A LG M2094D) via
> HDMI the outpur color is wrong. instead of blue everything is green. See
> this photo as example: http://www.hosthuis.nl/IMAG0401.jpg The TV is at
> the left, and the laptop on the right. The color at the tv should be
> like the same as on the laptop (Standard backgroun on Squeeze). Does
> anyone have a idea of there is some x/xorg configuration option is to
> fix this?

I would make a quick test to discard something wrong at the HDMI/TV side.
First you can try is accessing to the BIOS screen (usually with "blue"
background) and check if TV is also showing "green" instead "blue".

This is an easy way to know if the problem comes once the OS is started
(which points to and xorg/VGA configuration issue) or if the problem lies
in another place, before the OS comes into play.

BTW, what VGA card (intel, ati, nvidia...)?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón