Re: Debian Install Hangs

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:48:11 -0400, Blake Hodder wrote:

> On 10-12-13 11:03 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>>> Any other thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>> Just one more :-)
>>
>> pci=nomsi
>>
>> or:
>>
>> pci=nommconf
>>
>> or both:
>>
>> pci=nomsi pci=nommconf

> Thanks Camaleon,
>
> If I use pci=nomsi I get past having it freeze at the same point however
> I get the following:
>
> CPU 0: Machine check exception: 4 Bank 4: b20000100010c0f TSC 3cd6bc57a4
> This is not a software problem!
> Run through mcelog --ascii to decode and contact your hardware vendor
> kernel panic - not syncing: Machine check
>
> Has anyone seen this?

Ugh! I cannot go debugging beyond that, sorry... but the message does not
sound very good ;-(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_Check_Exception

Let's see if someone here have had any previous experience with that
error and can provide you any good hints. Anyway, contacting Supermicro
technical support will not hurt :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón