Re: gdm3 is nice and all, but...

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 04:13:20 -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:

> gdm3 is nice, but...
>
> I'd like to be able to configure things the way I used to be able to do
> with gdm.

Last time I read about this (the possibility of customize gdm3) it was an
"ongoing" work, still not finished.

> E.g. the background with stars and space ships is interesting, but I
> like to have different login backgrounds for each of my machines (helps
> me to remember what I'm doing).
>

> How do I do that kind of configuration?

You can try with the tips provided by users (Google search):

[HOWTO] Change GDM 3 Theme and Wallpaper
http://www.khattam.info/howto-change-gdm-3-theme-and-wallpaper-2010-11-14.html

I have not tested, not sure if that works :-?

> And, suppose I wanted to fall back to the old gdm.  What do I have to do
> to get that?

I would give gdm3 a chance :-)

Greetings,

--