Re: [OT] Mail list issue.

Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:26:14 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

But did you use gmane to post this response?
Yep, and also "this" (look into e-mail header) :-)

I send the message to Gmane NNTP servers and they re-inject it into
Debian mailing list (it's a "mail to news/news to mail" gateway).

I don't know why news servers where dropped in favour of mailing lists,
they are still great and very convenient when following several groups.

I am looking at your reply with TB and "looking into e-mail header" is
not an option it appears.

Select the message I sent and then hit "Ctrl+U" for displaying full e-
mail headers in Thunderbird ;-)

Thanks... did not know that.

When you say, you "sent" it to Gmane NNTP servers, what do you mean? You
sent it how? I meant by "using Gmane", using a browser to access [1] and
then use their 'post' function.

I mean using as incoming/outgoing server "news.gmane.org:119" but no browser needed (although posting via http is also available), you can use any news client (i.e., Thunderbird), create a new "News" account and configure Gmane as news server (with the above mentioned host name and port), choose the group you want to follow and get/post messages as usual :-)

Yes, I have TB set up that way. But I see that in the header that you sent the message from gmail, so how did you address it, not to debian-user@lists.debian.org, but to Gmane's NNTP server, how?

Hugo