Barcode reader. Need help and suggestions.

Hello kind people.

I have really no experience with such devices, so any help and guidance will be very helpfull.

Yesterday I received barcode scanner (for credit cards) from quite unknown chinese manufacturer. it has USB interface.manufacturer is MSR (I guess), and model is HCC7...

When i plug it into PC lsusb gives

Bus 005 Device 006: ID 04b4:bca1 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. Barcode Reader

the barcode reader seems to be on, as I see green light.
When I put my visa card in it, device goes down, it seems to be turned off. and i get this in dmesg:

[ 7014.401237] generic-usb: probe of 0003:04B4:BCA1.0008 failed with error -22

After much reading, I found suggestion to connect barcode reader to PC through usb2ps2 adapter. With this setup there seems some "Progress": when i slide my visa card through scanner it doesnt turn off - The same behaviour can be found on Windows PC if no driver for this device is loaded.

So, as I guess all I need now, is software, that will output data from barcode reader to... well somewhere.

I found this, but not sure if this is what I need, and anyways, I could not get it work.
http://www.stackfoundry.com/other/softwedge/

So, if someone of you had experience with such devices, any pointers and guidance will be greatly appreciated.
And sorry for my English.

Regards
--
Roman