Re: Cannot mount floppy drive in Squeeze

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 04:35:25 -0500 (EST), Dom wrote:

> Found the culprit. It's udisks-daemon and appears to be this bug:
> "udisks prevents mounting of floppy disks".
>
> Killing the udisks-daemon enabled mounting of the drive.
>
> However, I suspect this is a different problem to the one the OP is
> getting, as this only affects USB floppy drives, not "normal" ones.

I don't know.  My computer does not have a USB floppy drive, that's true.
It is a traditional AT-style floppy disk controller with two floppy
drives.  And I can no longer reproduce the problem.  Having a floppy
disk in the drive at boot time just once seems to have permanently
cured the problem.  Did a udev rule get created as a result of a
"ready" floppy drive at boot time?  I don't know.  But I don't think
there's much point in filing a bug report if I can no longer reproduce
the problem and I don't know what cured it.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :