Re: [OT] Mail list issue.

Op 09-12-10 11:15, Camaleón schreef:
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:30:04 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> Now I know that debian-user@lists.debian.org is a high-volume list and
>> can easily overwhelm a guy like me. Hence I was looking for a way to
>> subscribe to the list, send mails and still not receive mails other than
>> if guys explicitly address me either in To: , or in CC: . I have seen
>> this functionality in most of mailing lists which are run by Mailman
>> where I can do like that.
> You can achieve that by creating/using your own local e-mail filters
> (procmail, sieve, embedded MUA filtering...), and then delete/send to
> trash messages that match your rules *but* you'll lose many posts (this
> one, for instance) ;-(
This sounds overly complicated. Just do as the P.S. from Camaleón says:
don't register, you don't need to. Ask in the mail explicitly to be
CC'd, people usually follow such requests.
Of course, a better option is to subscribe, and use one of the local
mail filters to send all mails with
to a special map. Then, the mails don't clutter your other mails, and
you'll have your local copy of the gmane advertised below.
Google for the rules of your favourite filter.
> What I do in such case is using the NNTP interface (Gmane¹) for both,
> reading and posting, which alleviates me from storing a heap of e-mails
> and also managing tons of filters ;-)
Which is the preferred option by quite a few souls on this list.

Sjoerd