Re: Feedback needed: How to disable services at startup... and keep them so.

On 2010-12-08 01:21 +0100, Arthur Machlas wrote:

> Problem is, or at least, what I think the problem with that is, is
> that insserv is installed by default, and concurrent is now the
> default as well. So whenever a system service is added removed,
> changed or when insserv is called by some other means, it will look at
> the LSB headers for the init script and fix any missing symlinks.

Erm no, it does not do that.  It will warn you that your configuration
does not match the LSB headers, but leave it alone.  The only exception
is when you have no symlinks at all and run update-rc.d.

> Haven't tested that, but it's my uninformed opinion.

Your uninformed opinion is welcome, but well informed contributions are
usually more useful. :-)

Sven