Re: help getting grub to see Windows 7 on second drive

I tried installing the Windows on the new disk but it wouldn't install
with the first drive present.  It said it couldn't create or locate an
existing partition or something.....  The cure here according to
Windows folks seemed to be to disconnect the other drive (with the
Linux on it) from the motherboard and then reboot and install the
Windows.

I had similar situation (Windows7+Debian, 2 hdd).
I was disconnected Debian hdd, install Windows 7 without messing with grub.
When I power box pressing F8 (boot menu) and chose should I boot Debian hdd or Windows7 hdd.

In this way I don't have to mess with grub if I remove Windows7.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic