Re: problem installing Debian on dual boot with WinXP

Dne, 08. 12. 2010 02:06:45 je Bernard napisal(a):

A bug in Ubuntu installer? :-?

Yes, it most likely was !

After many tests and re-tests, I decided to try the Debian Lenny iso install CD that I had used in my own home desktop computer. It did work perfectly !

So: shame on Ubuntu and cheers to Debian :=)

Well, you have to consider the fact that Lenny is quite old. Given that Ubuntu is (little more than) a souped-up Debian, I'm afraid that those same problems -- if they're not an Ubuntu-specific "enhancement" -- may crop up soon enough in Debian. I hope that's not the case, of course ;)

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.