Re: Can't find latex

Andreas wrote:
Hi,

I have just installed my Linux: "debian-504-i386-netinst.iso".

Well it took some time but it was a smooth installation. I accepted the
proposed "workstation" and "base-installation" configuration for the
software setup.

No comes the problem. TexLive is installed. But it does not contain LaTeX! I
searched in the KPackage software manager for "latex" but could only find
some additional packages like latex-cjk-korean.

How do I get LaTeX? Tex-Live should have latex included!

"ls -f /usr/bin/*tex*" shows 35 files, but not latex.

Latex is in texlive-latex-base. Is that installed?

Hugo