Re: acroread trouble on Sqeeze

In <[🔎] pan.2010.12.03.09.08.13@gmail.com>, Camaleón wrote:
>On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:57:34 -0500, Celejar wrote:
>>>
>>> Try evince?
>>
>> If we're looking for Acroread replacements, I suggest also trying MuPDF.
>
>We (at linux side) still lack a 1:1 full-featured PDF solution that can
>be considered a complete replacement for Acrobat Reader (the same it
>happens with Adobe Flash Player). Sad but true.

Feel ISO PDF support is one of the High-Priority Free Software projects that
the FSF has added to their list.  That said, I've never found a PDF that
Okular wouldn't handle for me.  I don't have to deal with complex PDFs often
though, and full ISO support would be *really* nice.

I've not had Acrobat Reader installed on my Linux systems for years.  (Prior
or Okular, I used KPDF.  It was decidedly lower quality, though.)