Re: Intel video problems

Frank McCormick:

> The video is Intel82865...a couple of years old.

I read something about old intel chips not being that well supported
anymore since the switch to KMS. Do you have KMS enabled (on a recent
kernel: not disabled)?

> I have reconfigured X and ran it with the new xorg.conf.

I would try moving the xorg.conf completely out of the way. You probably
don't need it. You might need the mouse section because of the
ZAxisMapping, if at all.

> The one thing that stands out is the line about it not being
> able to implement dri2.

Yes, that might be it.

J.
--
I wish I had been aware enough to enjoy my time as a toddler.
[Agree]   [Disagree]