Re: OCR

Dne, 01. 12. 2010 23:57:10 je Debian TR napisal(a):

So what do you suggest? are there good commercial softwares for linux or
should i find a win software which works under wine?

The last time I used OCR (talking about 15 years ago), it was on a Windows machine and there was no need for investing in software: mainstream scanners all came with quite competent OCR packages bundled in. I can recall Recognita OCR specifically. I would suppose those softwares must have come a long way in 15 years? Anyway, it would be much less hassle trying them out in Wine as opposed to paying for software (and then discovering that, say, it doesn't work in Wine at all).

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.