Re: Toner level checking

Rodolfo Medina put forth on 11/15/2010 9:49 AM:

> The disadvantage is that now I have no way to check ink toner level before it
> is almost out.  The command `escputil -i -r /dev/usb/lp0', that used to work
> with my old Epson inkjet, doesn't work now.

Tangential to the OP's question, this is another huge advantage of
inexpensive network (workgroup) lasers over their direct connect
siblings.  All such information is available in the printer's web
interface via any browser, as well as most/all parameters that can be
modified.

--
Stan