Making /tmp noexec

Hi,
I was reading this page about making tmp non-executable
(http://pario.no/2007/10/04/making-tmp-non-executable/) but it seems a
little out of date as I'm using Squeeze.

I changed fstab, and edited by 70debconf to

DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"mount -o remount,exec
/tmp";"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};
DPkg::Post-Invoke{"mount -o remount /tmp";};

is this correct? Aptitude still works fine, but I was wondering if
anyone had experience of pitfalls with this?

Would I replicate this for my /var partition and is there any point to
doing this with /home?

Thanks,
Jim