Re: A question for the list:

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:25:53 -0600, Boyd wrote in message
<[🔎] 201011071826.00774.bss@iguanasuicide.net>:

> On Sunday 07 November 2010 18:16:39 Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 02:35:48 -0600, Boyd wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 201011070235.48667.bss@iguanasuicide.net>:

> > > What you can't do is install experimental.  That would be roughly
> > > equivalent trying to get airborne with just a set of experimental
> > > wings and control services but no fuselage or instruments.
> >
> > ..yup, works quite well since 1903. ;o)
>
> Fsckin' flying-wing designs, I figured someone would reference them.

..those came later, Horten, Lippisch 'n Northrop. ;o)

> I mean it was like trying to get airborne without some part of the
> plane that is absolutely required.

..no part of the plane is "absolutely required", I've gotten
airborne gaining a wee bit of altitude without an aircraft,
all it took was a "wee" gust, but that stunt was a fair bit
more accidental than experimental, I was just leaning on the
wind waving arms like a parachute jumper, and had enough sense
and airmanship to just grab and hang onto the fence. ;o)

> (Really, some required parts of Debian are simply missing from
> experimental, so it isn't possible to install *just* experimental.)

..well, we do have the 2.6.36 kernel in place in "Experimental",
and X and the radeon driver... what else do we need to fly? ;o)

..and the only danger in my "Sid + Experimental" combination,
would have to come from the somewhat cocky can-do troll
attitude it helps build. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: