Re: Problems configuring wireless with wicd on amd64 lenny

see  below.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 13:08, Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> wicd just parses the outputs of ifconfig/iwconfig/iwlist/wpa_supplicant
> commands. Maybe manually executing this sequence may help you to spot
> the problem. Here it goes:
>
>  # ifconfig wlan0 up
>
> Now, you should be able to see the available list accessible APs:
>
>  # iwlist wlan0 scan
>
> If everything is ok so far, proceed to next.
>
>  # iwconfig wlan0 essid <ESSID>
>
> Than create an entry in your /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
> file. Take mine as an example:
>
>  # cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
>  network={
>      ssid="<ESSID>"<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC
 "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration 1.0//EN"
 "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd";>
<busconfig>
        <policy user="root">
                <allow own="fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant"/>

                <allow send_destination="fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant"/>
                <allow send_interface="fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant"/>
        </policy>
        <policy group="netdev">
                <allow send_destination="fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant"/>
                <allow send_interface="fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant"/>
        </policy>
        <policy context="default">
                <deny own="fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant"/>
                <deny send_destination="fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant"/>
                <deny send_interface="fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant"/>
        </policy>
</busconfig>

?kjetil
>      psk="<PASSPHRASE>"
>  }

Are you sure this is the right format for wpa_supplicant.conf? My
ubuntu live sytem has in
/etc/dbus-1/system.d/wpa_supplicant.conf        This:

--
"If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
human face - forever."

George Orwell (1984)