Re: Mozilla products in Debian

In <[🔎] pan.2010.11.05.16.48.30@gmail.com>, Camaleón wrote:
>I prefer having no extensions at all than browsing the web with an
>unsupported browser :-).

Iceweasel 3.0.x isn't unsupported; Firefox 3.0.x is.[1]  Security groups don't
stop disclosing vulnerabilities when Mozilla decides to stop supplying patches
and the security team (time permitting) and iceweasel maintainers can develop
and apply patches to iceweasel.

The ideal is that improvement of all Debian programs is done in collaboration
with upstream.  That not always the case, then DDs have to fill that role or
drop the package.  (Disregarding all the packages where Debian or a specific
DD *is* upstream.)

[1] I could be wrong, I think iceweasel in Lenny was still getting security
support.