Re: A question for the list:

> I hate to ask the question this way, but in terms of
> problems/fixes/downtime--approximately how often do you find that you
> have to 'fix' something in Sid?  1x week, 1x month?  (I know that my
> MMV, but if I start playing with either testing or unstable, I don't
> want to get into a problem/find fix/fix lather/rinse/repeat cycle too
> often).

I've been using Debian testing on my desktops and laptops for about
7 years now.  I remember some serious problems with major transitions
(e.g. xfree86->xorg), but over the last 2-3 years I can't remember of
any problems I've had to fix other than ones due to my particular
desires (mostly: convincing APT to keep Gnome with wicd rather than
network-manager).

The best part for me, tho, is that you don't have to go through the "big
version upgrade" cycle, since you can do "small updates" as often as you
like: the more often you do them, the smaller (i.e. painless) they get.

        Stefan "Still running the same 7 year-old install"