Re: Orphaned User Accounts?

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM, John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
> Carlos Mennens writes:
> The entries you are complaining about are
> placeholders.  The idea is to standardize the UIDs of the various system
> users.  See section 9.2 of the Debian Policy manual.

Not so much of a complaint rather than just trying to understand how
Debian works. I still think that's a very large 'if' to clutter the
system based on the information provided so far but I'm far from a
developer. I would think developers could better configure the package
installer (apt) to assign standard UID / GID once that time comes the
user elects to install the software rather than pre-loading them but
that's just me. Maybe the more I read, the better this will make
sense.