Re: removing postgres

Sthu Deus:
> Jochen:
>>
>> Why do you use dpkg for that? Have you tried apt-get or aptitude? I
>> guess they will do what you want to achieve.
>>
>> J.
>
> I've tried that already. Please check this:
>
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   postgresql-8.3 [8.3.11-0lenny1]  postgresql-client-8.3
> [8.3.12-0lenny1] 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove
> and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 20.8MB
> Removing postgresql-8.3 ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/postgresql-8.3.prerm: line
> 17: /usr/share/postgresql-common/maintscripts-functions: No such file
> or directory

Ok, so the installed package is broken. What message do you get when you
try to reinstall that package?

As a brute-force method, you could edit the file
/var/lib/dpkg/info/postgresql-8.3.prerm and insert 'exit 0' in the
second line or so.

J.
--
A passionate argument means more to me than a blockbuster movie.
[Agree]   [Disagree]