Re: Graphical diff/patch viewer

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Rob Gom <rgom.debian@gmail.com> writes:
>> do you know/is there any graphical patch/diff viewer in Debian (or for
>> Linux in general)? Such a tool would produce side by side view of
>> changes/deletions/inserts.
>> There is kompare for KDE, but it is unreliable - produces false
>> results for specific patches (bug not reported yet, as I have to
>> reproduce it with something I can make
>> public). To be honest, I have looked at meld, beyond compare, diffuse,
>> xxdiff, tkdiff and found nothing appropriate.
>
> Not appropriate in what sense?

I want to preview a patch, not compare directory/file contents. The
tools above can't load a patch and display it, unless
I missed something obvious.

I'm afraid that Eclipse would be too big for such purpose, but taking
into consideration its feature richness and flexibility,
I would give it a chance.

Thanks for the answer,
Robert