Re: browsing icons in gnome

Dne, 02. 11. 2010 14:04:57 je Michael P. Soulier napisal(a):
So, I set up a custom application launcher and then went to assign an icon to it. But, the icon browser shows all of the /usr/share/icons subdirectories as empty even though I can go there in a shell and show that there are a ton of
icons there.

Has anyone else noticed this broken behaviour?

Absolutely. Making custom launchers in Gnome, if you want them to have nice icons, is a royal PITA. The default icon, then, is microscopic (I think it's made for the panel, not for the desktop). Oh, well, let's hope Squeeze improves on that (and on many other Lenny quirks).

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.