usb mount pmd661

Has anyone figured out how to mount a Marantz PMD661 flash memory
recorder in Linux in order to copy the audio files to a computer? or
is necessary to run a Window$ machine in order to access the device?

The device uses SD and SDHC supposedly is USB 2.0 with a drop-and-drag
interface.  It is the next generation, superseding the popular PMD660,
which uses CompactFlash.

My experiments have been with a 2 Gbyte SD card.  I have spent several
hours with Google but have not yet found an answer.

RLH