Re: [OT] KMail - forwarding issues

Dne, 01. 11. 2010 08:42:37 je Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. napisal(a):

Studies and experience have shown time and time again that users *don't know* what they want. Henry Ford once said: "If I asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said 'A faster horse.'" It is an unfortunate truth,
but usability problems are not solved by soliciting user input.

My point exactly. In addition, I think that, as a rule, users who *could* give you an informed feedback, are a tiny minority, which gets overwhelmed by the feedbacks of the "uninformed masses". So, in theory, you *could* get tangible help out of user input, but would have to know how to weed out noise from insightful input. As it is, the less insightful, the less constructive, the less informed feedback wins -- by virtue of sheer numbers. In my view, that's not a good developing model, in fact it's *counter*productive. Fortunately, no developers in their right mind listen "blindly" to anything the user base says; developers don't just "develop", they also weed out what to implement from what to just mark as WON'TFIX. And that's a Good Thing, when done well.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.