Re: install via own mirror (nfs)

It's not really an option from the installer, AFAIK.  However, it is still
possible.  Use a "file" URI in source.list(.d) and mount the NFS before
preforming apt operations.

>From the sources.list(5) manpage:
URI SPECIFICATION
      The currently recognized URI types are cdrom, file, http, ftp, copy,
      ssh, rsh.

      file
          The file scheme allows an arbitrary directory in the file system to
          be considered an archive. This is useful for NFS mounts and local
          mirrors or archives.

The debian installer should only run on a single virtual terminal.  The should
be at least one or two "recovery" consoles allocated that will allow you to do
the NFS mount before proceeding further in the installer.  You can switch
virtual terminals with Ctrl+F{1..6}, unless you are in an X11 session, in
which case you'll need to use Ctrl+Shift+F{1..8}.

The installer may have an option for specifying a "file" URI, but I don't
remember.  You can always edit the sources.list(.d) from a recovery console as
well.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                   ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))

Ah, I rember! I used the file feature some times ago to install local .deb packages with the possibility to automatically resolve package dependencies. All I need to do was to create a packages.gz file and to add it to the sources.list.

So you are right, this should work with an mounted nfs. (editing the sources.list from a recovery console should do the trick if there is no file URI possible)

Mario

--
http://www.n0r1sk.com