Re: I can't get the Linux kernel RDS exploit to exploit my machine...

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:49:43 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> I installed my kernel back on 01-Oct, so it should be vulnerable, but
> it's not, even when I modprobed the rds modules.

(...)

> [*] Failed to resolve kernel symbols.

Mmm... by reading the "c" file I think that is not the message you should
get but "[*] Exploit failed to get root." or "[*] Got root!" (for
affected and vulnerable systems) :-)

The sample file got stuck at resolving some kernel symbols and then
exits. The question is why :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón