Re: unable to run gsynaptics on lenny

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:44 AM, vishnu vardhan <vishnuvardhan.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
i have read the readme. however, there is no .xsession or .xinitrc file on my system. right now i am using debian 5.0.4 and fluxbox on an encrypted lvm. i could not figure out about how to create xsession or xinitc file. i will do some research and let you know the result. perhaps the site of gsynaptics will shed some light about how to configure and add gysnaptic-init. i have added the line for shmconfig and directly run /usr/bin/gysnaptics-init, it shows the error of gysnaptics couldn't initialize.

excuse, i have hit reply button instead of reply all. excuse for sending mail directly to Jordan.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Jordan Metzmeier <titan8990@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/04/2010 01:06 AM, vishnu vardhan wrote:
> i have followed your advice and still i am unable to run gysnaptics.
> herewith i am providing link to xorg.o.log : http://pastebin.com/HXCZrMMn

> please look into the error.

No errors in the xorg.conf. However, I see that your initial error was
reported as a bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=586025

The maintainer indicated that the required steps are described in
/usr/share/doc/gsynaptics/README.Debian.

If you find that your answer is not there, I would provide feedback to
the bug report.

Regards,

Jordan Metzmeier