Re: OT: advice on Notebook, smartbook from alwaysinnovating

I would check with her department at the University.  Most (including
the one I teach at) have a recommended list of computer capabilities
and some also recommended vendors.  You must be careful,
unfortunately, because some programs use specific software packages
that only run under one O/S (even "shudder" win#$%).  If necessary
schedule an appointment with the Department Chair since you would
hate your daughter to be disappointed.
Larry