Re: Postgrad research tools - any recommendations

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:28:24 +0100
AG <computing.account@googlemail.com> wrote:
<snippy>
> > Maybe try PSPP [1]? It seems to be fully compatable with SPSS.
> >
> > Wine has no notes for newer versions of SPSS, but it seems X3
> > worked, kinda, under WINE, as always, ymmv and it can be quite hard
> > to get stuff working well enough for use.
> >

> Angus
>
> Thanks - now installed.  I'll test it against an SPSS text that I'm
> going to be laying hands on.  I'm also working through the manual,
> and so far all is good.  It will be interesting to see how compatible
> the data sets will be.

Best of luck, They advertise full compatibility, so it will most
certainly be interesting to see if it lives upto that.

> > This thread [2] seems to have some alternatives for EndNotes,
> > though it is a old (2008) thread, I am not sure how relative it
> > will be to you.
> >
> > Also, this arical [3] has some other alternatives to Endnotes, it is
> > newer ( 29th September 2010) so it may be more relevant.
> >

> That's a good list - I'll experiment and see how each option works
> out.

One would hope, that with so many options, one will fit the bill.

> <snip>
> > I hope this is some help.
> >

> It does - thanks you.

Glad to hear it, best of luck with your work.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97