Re: how to insert a cd without running a program

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 04:23:32PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 12:05:46 -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
>
> > I have some cds I want to rip. When I insert a cd, gxine runs which I
> > then have to cancel. How can I prevent gxine (or any other program) from
> > running? I don't see anything under 'System->Preferences->Preferred
> > Applications' or 'System->Preferences->Removable Drives and Media'.
>                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> It is indeed there (Multimedia tab), at least in Lenny/GNOME.
>
> Mine is setup for DVD video:
>
> [x] Auto-launch inserted media and "play with Totem".

Well, yes, I saw that but knew that was not what controlled it. You see,
mine too is set for Totem but it's actually gxine that runs. So, it's
got to be somewhere else.

Also there is no option there NOT to run a program.

--
"Many people think that if they were only in some other place, or had
 some other job, they would be happy. Well, that is doubtful. So get as