Re: Printing - CUPS and Canon laser printer

On 2010-10-03T13:25:58, Allan Wind wrote:
> I would encourage you to push on getting to lpd.  Here is what we
> use at work:
>
> lpd://192.168.1.4/port1
>
> You might have explicitly set the PPD after changing the
> connection.

Try run nmap against the printer to see which ports are
available:

nmap $ip

where $ip is the IP address of your printer.  You will probably
need to install nmap first (`aptitude install nmap`).  It will
tell if you there is any connectivity issues.  lpd is port 515,
ipp is 631 etc (see /etc/services).

/Allan
--
Allan Wind