Re: Can connect to WPA network, but not to open network: BCM4312 card w/ b43 driver

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 19:52:38 -0400, Brandon Simmons wrote:

> I seem to be unable to successfully be able to connect to an open access
> point, although connecting to a WPA network (through wicd frontend)
> works.

(...)

Some tips:

- Review your wicd logs
- Check with another open AP
- Check that the AP broadcasts its SSID and review its settings
- Try with NetworkManager (if you do not want to install NM to avoid
messing up your current installation, load a LiveCD and test from there)

If none of the above works, there is a second driver you could test (it
requieres a bit more of work, though):

http://wiki.debian.org/wl

> If I can't figure this out and want to file a bug report, should I file
> it against the "linux-image-2.6.32-5-686" package? Thanks for any clues
> and advice.

I'd say yes, AFAICT "b43" driver is included in mainline kernel :-?

Also:

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Support

Greetings,

--