Re: Staples "Relay (tm)" 4 Gb USB sticks - slow or normal (lenny)?

Dne, 01. 10. 2010 10:35:09 je Camaleón napisal(a):
On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 00:15:42 +0000, s. keeling wrote:

(...)

> Is it just that usb's slow, or is the box doing it wrong?  Is it my
> preference for ext2?  I've tried w both usb hubs and directly into
> laptop; same, same.

Did you run any read/write speed tests on the flash device?

Googling around, I've found this article you may find interesting:

Increase USB Flash Drive Write Speed
http://linux-howto-guide.blogspot.com/2009/10/increase-usb-flash-drive-write-speed.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

To avoid wild guesses, you could test your USB key on another machine, monitoring its average read/write speed there; that way, you'd at least know who's to blame (your computer or your USB key). Maybe you just have wrong USB settings in your BIOS? Such as, USB set to v1.1 instead of v2.0, or perhaps USB IRQ disabled ...?

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801