Re: cpufreq not loaded in amd64?

Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com>:

>  error.  My bios had "Cool and Quite" turned off.  I did not catch that,
>  I was looking for some other bios settings.  I really am not a big fan

Makes me wanna reboot and hunt around for Cool and Quiet.

I usually have this on 525 MHz using "ondemand" governor.  Damned near
every flashy news story or youtube video spikes cpu to ca. 90%.

I've never noted it ramping up cpu Mhz to handle the extra load, but
then, I don't know what either it or I am doing here.  Sucks.