Re: I don't understand why bug reporting bothers you

T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com>:
>  On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 01:20:00 +0000, s. keeling wrote:
>
> > Damn, you're prolific.  How anyone can come up with as many problems to
> > post about as you do, I'll never understand.

Sorry, that was unkind.  It was just the impression I felt at the time
after so long watching.

> > This's also about nvidia.  Don't buy proprietary S@#$, and you won't run
> > into as many problems.
>
>  Please don't make any assumptions. It's built in the MOBO, OK?

You don't bother to check what mobo supplies before you buy it?  I'm
running AMD-64+AMD/ATI video because I hunted for a box that supplied
them.  It wasn't easy finding it.

> > Grml is for the bleeding edge idiots (cf. Gentoo), so you really ought
> > to be on your own simply for trying it.
>
>  What's wrong with you? Don't you know that Debian is community driven?

Re-read.  Grml themselves *by design* expect you to know what you're
doing if you're going to run grml.

That said, their mailinglist is very helpful, even kind to non-experts
from what I've seen, and far more helpful wrt grml than d-u would be.

Say hi to Mika.