Re: Now Lost Boot Dir/2.6.34 Will Not Boot

Using the Debian rescue CD, I installed the linux-image-2.6.32-5 and linux-
base from Sid.

The install edited my fstab and lilo.conf files for me, putting in the UUID
numbers for everything except lilo.conf boot=. I left that as-is /dev/sda but
both variations, UUID and ata-ID had previously worked.

Too bad the previous install did not fix this up for me. Might have saved a
lot of grief, huh?

The initrd (needed most, dep failed) needed to go into "highest memory" with
scarey warnings but .... it worked.

After a long bootup with loads of [mesages.....] (no untoward warnings or
panics, however}, fsck balked but manual runs fixed that. I am now back up and
running. Who knows, maybe the 2.6.34 kernel I compiled will run now?

Thanks for all the help. Debian folks are the best!