Re: Ethernet connection

Dne, 03. 09. 2010 10:12:01 je Jangita napisal(a):
From laptop to "old" desktop you need to use a cross network cable, the two laptops are new and can auto detect the cable type used but not the old pc.

Get a cross cable or connect through a hub or switch.

In my experience, you don't need two autodetecting cards for a straight cable to work, one is enough. You'd need a crossover cable only if you try to connect two oldish machines, both without an autodetecting card. But I guess it may all depend on the particular card and its implementation of 'autodetection'.

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801