Re: Upgrade From 5.02 To 5.05

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:10:22 -0800
Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net> wrote:

>  NOTE: You must accept Sun's EULA prior to successfully installing
>  this package: sun-java6-bin
>

> You could put the sun java stuff on hold, or say yes to continue without
> authentication.

That is what I ended up doing.

> 'aptitude' might work better in your case, at least it has a better resolver. more
> verbose.

How prescient of you!  When I ran 'apt-get upgrade' the CD/DVD drive churned
away for a long while...but nothing ever got processed/upgraded.

However, running 'aptitude safe-upgrade' did the trick.

Thanks everyone!

--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317

For two incredible email programs:
http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/
http://www.mutt.org

[to Gus] You ever bring that tongue of yours north of the Canadian River,
I'll cut it off and feed it to my wolf pups.

          -- Blue Duck, in Larry McMurtry's "Lonesome Dove"