Re: Upgrade From 5.02 To 5.05

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:14:27 -0600
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> Greg Heilers wrote:
> > James Zuelow wrote:
> > > apt-cdrom add
> > > apt-get upgrade
>
> I think you also want to
>
>   apt-get update
>
> in there to update the package index lists.
>
> > When I try 'apt-get upgrade' - after listing all of the packages to
> > be upgraded, the output continues as follows:
> >
> > 342 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
> > Need to get 36.0MB/676MB of archives.
> > After this operation, 11.4MB of additional disk space will be used.
> > Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
> >
> > WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
> >   sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre
> > Install these packages without verification [y/N]? N
> > E: Some packages could not be authenticated
>
> This appears to me that you are missing
>
>   $ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00trustcdrom
>   APT::Authentication::TrustCDROM "true";
>
> which instructs apt to trust the cdrom.  This assumes that
> sun-java6-bin and sun-java6-jre are on the cdrom and it is not
> trusted.
>
> Running 'apt-get update', if that is the problem, might solve some of
> these issues.  I would definitely try that first before doing anything
> else.
>
> Bob

Thanks.  That seems to be working.  I did not *want* to upgrade the
sun-java packages, as they were a non-standard install (needed to
get Open-Office 3.0 working).  Since it tried to retrieve sun-java from
the online repository (which, it can't - as the machine is not hooked up to
the internet) - it is a non-issue.

--

Greg Heilers