Re: Can I sudo rsync to remote

On 1 September 2010 10:15, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My ssh environment is so set up that I can do
>
>  rsync files me@remote_host:/path
>
> just fine without password whereas rsync files root@remote_host:/path
> would fail.
>
> Under such setting what's the easiest approach to rsync files that I
> can't read locally and write remotely as me.

Think reverse. Initiate cron job to do rsync on the remote server with
ssh key setup on your machine so that cron does not reveal passwords.

?
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: Replying using bottom post/in-line post makes email conversations
whole lot easier for meaningful dialogue. Snip out what is not
relevant. Adopt this and spread the message.