Re: How to replace a bugged version of a package?

On Tuesday 22 June 2010 10:08:30 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Here:
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=431388
>
> it is reported a bug in Lenny's gopchop package.  On my system I have the
> bugged version already installed.  How can I replace it with a new debugged
> version?

I generally don't recommend going outside the repository system, but for this
particular case, it may be easiest to just grab the .deb from the snapshot
service and install with dpkg.

My reason for not going outside the repository system is to continue getting
security updates.  If this is a large concern with this package AND you must
have the newer version, I would consider a mixed system.