Downgraded Flash Non-Free 32 to Backports

Flashpluggin non-free became very choppy on my 32 bit squeeze install with
an old Radeon RV250 [Mobility FireGL 9000].  Nothing played smoothly.

It started near-about the recent xserver upgrades: xserver-xorg-core,
xserver-common, xserver-xorg-video-ati, xserver-xorg-video-radeon, mesa
utils. My version of flashpluggin dated back to September, '09.

Upgrading firmware-linux to experimental did not work.

Downgrading flashpluggin non-free to 2.8.0 did not work.

Downgrading to flash to 2.5~bpo50+1, on a lark, did work. But that seems temporary at
best.

Is there some possible fix, something else in development or is flash simply
going to be bad solution for old radeons?

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody